Imam Sharif Faizullah, a guest lecturer from New York, delivered a lecture on “How to Become The Coolest Husband” at Otsuka Masjid in Tokyo on Saturday evening, Sept 28. He mentioned the importance of becoming a great husband in our family lives by quoting various ahadith, examples from the life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as well as few contemporary rants on how one could treat his wife compassionately to save their family lives and thus not let petty issues escalate to such a level where divorce becomes the only option left.
He suggested practical ways to make our family lives strengthened. He specifically emphasized on clarifying some fundamental issues about our lives, our likes and likes and our respective future plans before people get married with one another.
The audience was startled to know that the divorce rate among Muslim families in the US was about 60% while most of the remaining 40% Muslim couples continued their life journeys almost half-heartedly and miserably. The number one cause of these alarmingly high divorce rates among the Muslims in the US, according to him, was the unfair meddling by in-laws. The divorce rate among the North American Muslims has risen sharply during the last 3o years or so.
The audience showed lot of interest in the topic by asking questions about various issues related to the daily family lives, especially about inter-cultural marriages.