Alhamdulillah, we have viewers from all over the world who give us valuable feedback and suggestions on how to improve this website for the benefit of other readers. Recently, we got somewhat long comment from one of our reader in Malaysia on how to read Quran properly. These comments about tips for reciting the Quran was sent to us by Damia Ellora Zulrushdi. I am going to share her words with you all of you. Please let us know if you have any comments or would like to suggest any thing important.
“Assalammualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. Brother/sister in Islam, I am so happy to discover this blog that promotes Islam and Allah as the true way. I would like to share some tips in understanding the Quran as I have learned from teachers here in Malaysia. There are 5 tips:
- Take the Quran as if it was addressed especially to you. Sometimes we feel that the Quran is for all mankind and reading it will increase good deeds on our account, but we forget that the Quran is how Allah is communicating with His servants on one to one basis. Subhanallah!!
- Find out about the situation of (when, where, how, why) of each of the ayah when it was revealed. If the ayah is brought down during times of hardship, we should seek to understand the ayah in our own times of hardships and vice versa.
- Understand the nuances of the words (kalimah) used in the Arabic ayah. Sometimes translations just don’t capture the real essence of the meaning.
- Understanding is with the heart, not only the mind. Allah’s Quran is not like a textbook where you have to memorize the information and will be able to come up with it with a snap of a finger. When we recite the Quran, it is important to let Allah’s words interact with our hearts. It has to leave a lasting impression in the heart, so when any situation arises, we will be able to recall the ayat and implement it in our lives. We will feel peacefully obliged to implement Allah’s word because we have a deep realization that we are the slaves of Allah who abides by no man or rule except Allah’s.
- Go through, in anyway possible, the lives of the Prophet (pbuh) and his companions (sahabah). If we base all our actions and decisions so that it mirrors their lives, we will find the Quran especially meaningful.
Online Quran classes for kids are a vital tip for Quran reading. They offer a safe, convenient, and flexible learning environment with engaging resources and experienced instructors. This approach helps children establish a strong foundation in Quranic reading, making it a key tool in their spiritual development.
Let us say that we are going through something that is similar to what the sahabah were facing during their time, and we read the same ayah that Allah sent to them at the time, the ayah will make much more sense as we will feel the impact of the ayah as they did. That’s all from me. Thank you. Allahualam. :).
We are so happy to share these five tips for reciting and understanding the Quran. Please feel free to give your opinions on this.